Hola amigos, I've been in Santiago de Chile en el Sur America for 3 days now. We arrived at 10:00 am after a long ass red-eye sleepless flight from Toronto.
I'll be trying to keep regular posts onto this Blog to keep people in the know.
This place is super huge. Millions of people.
Santiago is the city of love. There are always hundreds of couples in the local parks sitting on the grass and laying on the benches making out. It never stops to amaze me.
Santiago is the city of lost dogs. There are stray dogs everywhere! They are friendly, not too mangy, and pretty cute. I want to steal some and make them our group mascots for the rest of our trip.
So far everything I've eaten has been absolutely scrumptrelescent....and no nuts yet, still alive.
I am here with seven other fourth year Tourism Management students from TRU. We're down here to take spanish lessons for 7 work days (two weeks) and then go to the far northern I Region of Tarapaca to create a tourism based community development plan for several communities. This is a project for FOSIS, the national department of social development. It should be good times. We will on the coast, in the city, in the dryiest desert in the world. We'll also be in Bolivia for about three days.
At the end of our project in the north, Amanda and myself will have five days until flying out of Santiago to return to Canada. So, we will hopefully be travelling together to explore the southern portion of the country.
Weather is awesome. Quite warm, but not too hot. Nice and sunny (through all the smog). So far, it appears that our group has a lot of spanish to learn including myself because we're not too strong as a group yet in the language department. Vivianne (our Chilean associate) has told us that we will be having meetings with government officials to present our preliminary project reports in spanish without her to translate. So, I am enjoying speaking the spanish that I do know, and look forward to learning much much more.
Anyways, That's way more than enough for the first entry so peace out. I'll be back
-Matthew, Sway Z, Mateo, Maatiusi
No comments:
Post a Comment