Thursday, April 26, 2007

26 de Abril - Psycho Poly

Cachai!

update: spanish classes, spanish classes, spanish classes. I've been eating: bread, beer, meat, and beer, and avocado. Yummm avocado. I love developing countries because they don't put "may contain traces of nuts" on ingredient lists of everything - So, I can eat lots of yummy things like ice cream and chocolates and such. I don't like wine. Wine is an acquired taste, so I have been trying to acquire it, but I have yet to acquire it. I had a bottle of red bought for me but I couldn't finish one glass. So I'm sticking to the cheap beer until we get to the north where there's only wine and mate to drink.

This week, we havent found much else to do in the city but lookin around some more.

Apparently we're heading out to the discotecque tonight. Woot. Should be fun.

Tomorrow we're going to 2000 m to camp. Saturday we're hiking up to 4000 m and then back down to our camping spot and having a bbq. Sunday we come back to Santiago and have until Tuesday when we fly to Iquique which is far northern Chile.

Once in the north we have a couple free days to tour around. Then on the 3rd our work starts, and goes until May 24th. We will be going to different towns and potentially touristic areas to meet with officials and locals, consulting to come up with a plan for simple and sustainable tourism which the gov't and locals can do to provide some economic development. We will be writing a lot of reports and plans, as well as capping it all off with leading a workshop on the 23rd of May for about 100 locals, government officials, and people from other related organizations.

After May 24th, I will fly back to Santiago and on to Puerto Montt in southern Chile by myself. It will be a good adventure, get some time to myself. I will then have five days to slowly make my way up to Santiago by night buses and visiting communities, parks, hiking, and trying to get into some of the culture.

Oooh, this summer I will be in Squamish, BC working at an Easter Seals camp (for mentally and physically disabled kids). I will be a Leader In Training Program Program for 16-22 yr olds. It's gonna be a good time, and a good challenge for me.

Also...this is the longest term planning I've ever done: I plan to go to Pond Inlet, Nunavut in late April 2008

oh, I gotta go to the disco now - peace out


Reminder: Check my fotos from this trip. Updated as often as possible here...

http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1026&l=ea5ff&id=127300125

No comments: