Good evening, the past few weeks have been interesting, eventful, and a good learning experience. Too many stories and details for a lazy blog entry...
Yesterday we finished our project (the majority of it) and capped it off with a conference and presentations to the municipalities of Pica and Camina. Then we did a personal self and peer evaluation by our pool during sunset which was a good learning experience and a great way to end our trip together.
After a cocktail party in Pica, we drove to Iquique and this morning we flew from Iquique to Santiago. Arriving in Santiago, we came to Hostel de Sammy (named after a dead dog named Sammy), and left to go looking for gear and food.
I now have until the 30th at 6pm to do whatever I want. I don't know what that is, but I will certainly do it, whatever that may be. Justin, Christine, and I will take a train tomorrow heading south of Santiago and from there, there are no plans. But I do hope to make it to Puerto Montt.
I'll be busing around the south, and back to Santiago. I'll make to Toronto for a couple hours in the morning of the 31st, and to Vancouver in the afternoon. From there, I hope to catch a Greyhound bus (if the strike is resolved) from Vancouver to Kamloops where I will pick up and drop off some things for the summer. And then take a bus back to Vancouver, stay at one of Allie's friends' houses for the night, and then early in the morning of the 2nd catch a ride up to Squamish for an Accessibility Low Ropes course. And that will be the beginning of my summer in Squamish.
So, in closing, if nobody hears from me after the 30th, let the Canadian consulate in Chile know.
More photos:
http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1193&l=714ac&id=127300125 , and
http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1192&l=38903&id=127300125
Peace out,
Matthew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment