Friday, May 4, 2007

Desert or Dessert?

1. Mom, to check trip fotos, click these 3 guys:

San Pedro trip
http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1106&l=d3ea8&id=127300125

La Parva trip
http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1088&l=a2754&id=127300125

Santiago
http://cariboobc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1026&l=ea5ff&id=127300125


2. I'm in Iquique. Past few days: Flew from Santiago to Iquique, rented a small car, saw some sand, dropped off luggage at hotel in Iquique, drove trough the desert to San Pedro with our clothes off listening to Savage Garden, saw some more sand, went sandboarding, ate some sand, drove along the desert coast to Iquique, saw lots of sand, and arrived in Iquique. Last night and today we met with regional FOSIS and CONADI representatives to get more of the DL on our project. It was very interesting, and I pleased myself for understanding almost all of the spanish presentations prior to translation. We were also interviewed and photographed for the local newspaper - to let the locals know about what we are doing here. Now half of the group is gone to the mall to watch "Hombre Arana Tres" (Spiderman 3) and I'm at the hotel chilling out. Tomorrow I plan on going surfing for my first time and possibly paragliding tomorrow or Sunday. We will be leaving on Sunday to the communities which will be working with. I will not be back to Iquique or any other city until the 24th (ie. Very little, if any, internet or phone access).

Bleeeeeh, I'm out - time to research where to rent wetsuits, surfboards, and paragliding lessons.

Ps. Miss you all (most of you anyways)

Pps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE (tomorrow) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv ya!

No comments: